Monday, October 6, 2014

Another Special Gift

Here's my last finish for Quarter 3 of the Finish Along! My original goal had 8 finishes, and I managed to complete 5 of them, so I'm pretty happy!

That is my neighbor's house! It is gorgeous and HUGE--we call it the Tuscan Villa!

 This quilt turned out so beautiful! My friend adopted a baby a few months ago, and I made him a quilt. I wanted to do something for his birthmother also, so I made this companion quilt using the same pattern but in different colors (and grownup sized!). Her favorite color is orange, so I used two shades of orange and some navy for a bit of a pop.

I used navy Pearl Bracelets and a fun orange & white geometric print from Fun & Games for the back.

Since this quilt is so big (it finished at 64" x 78"!) and I wanted to eventually have it finished, I decided to machine quilt it. 
I just quilted in the ditch along every seam. Quilting something this big on the diagonal was quite a learning experience for me! I actually had to pick out my first run and re-baste the whole thing, because it got a bunch of puckers on the back. But the second time around came out beautifully!

While I'm still not a huge fan of machine quilting, it was a great learning experience, and I feel a little bit awesome for conquering something after failing the first try!


These two quilts look so awesome together, and I hope they bring joy & comfort to their recipients!



It might be a little bit hubris-y, but I love those labels! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment