Friday, July 30, 2010

Fastest quilt top ever!


I got this fabric on Monday, and today I finished the top! I went to the "Open Sew" class at a local quilt shop on Wednesday night, and used their felt design wall to lay out all the triangles. Then I sewed them into squares and put them back on the wall so I didn't get confused. I got all the squares done, then pinned the rows in piles, and yesterday & today I sewed them all together. I just ordered fabric for the back (it's not in this collection, but will look awesome!) and I'm using the darkest blue for the binding, which I also ordered a little bit more of. Yay!

(you can click on the picture to make it real big)

4 comments:

  1. WOWZA! that's amazing! also, i love your baby countdown clock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Colleen! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colleen,
    I don't have your email to contact you....but you're a winner over at www.sunflower-quilts.blogspot.com!
    You've won the Luna Notte charm pack! Congrats!!
    Please email me your mailing address so I can send you your charm pack!
    jamiemueller0522@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete